2009年12月17日 星期四

Words from the Head Librarian

If you ask any of our student librarians about their impression on me, they would tell you that I am serious, stern and strict. However, if you talk to my fellow classmates, you will find that I am an ungrown-up stupid boy who still likes jumping around the classroom at times. You may ask why I have to put on a stern face in front of my librarians. The answer is simple. I was given a task when I was appointed - to deal with the discipline of the student librarian team. I must say this task is not easy at all. You have to be strict but maintain a good relationship with the librarians. Moreover, I do not want to put too much pressure on my librarians, since they have sacrificed a lot of their free time working for the sake of our schoolmates. To make my librarians aware of their discipline and behaviour, I have launched the performance assessment scheme. The scheme is pretty much like staff appraisals in companies. I hope they are not stressed out about it. I will try to be more lenient in the assessments.

It may seem to you that the life of a librarian full of work and stress. It is true to some extent. After all, the student librarian team is a service team in school. However, it is also fun to be a librarian. Think of the privilege of sitting in the circulation counter. Is it not cool!? Moreover, we do have time when we can have fun together. It is definitely a pleasure to be at our annual Christmas Party, when most of our librarians will gather at the library and play games!! The party is true entertainment. It also helps to bring our librarians closer. I bet my librarians all enjoyed this year's party.

Time has flied past and one term passed. I must admit that I was a bit harsh to my librarians this term. I will try to losen up a bit next term. On this note, I wish all of you good luck in your first term examinations. Merry Christmas and Happy 2010!! =]]

Christopher C
Head Librarian

沒有留言:

張貼留言